Buko Juice is a popular refreshing drink from the Philippines because of its delicious taste and also for being a natural thirst quencher.
Buko is a Filipino word that means young coconut. Hence, it is also known as a coconut milk drink.
Aside from being a refreshing drink, it contains numerous health benefits. Tagged as ‘Mother Nature’s Sports Drink”, buko juice also contains numerous vitamins and minerals. Therefore, it is beneficial to the body’s health. In addition, it can help individuals to treat and prevent several types of diseases.
Buko, Milk, Sugar
- Coconut water is found in young coconuts. It is a good source of fiber, Vitamin C and several important minerals.
- It contains antioxidants. As such, it helps protect cells from damage caused by free radicals.
- Studies suggest that coconut water is a good source of magnesium . Magnesium may increase insulin sensitivity and may also reduce blood sugar levels. Therefore, it may help improve blood sugar control.
- Research suggests that water from coconuts may prevent kidney stones. Thus, it may help to reduce crystal and stone formation.
- Studies suggest that coconut water may have powerful cholesterol-lowering properties.
- Coconut water may help lower blood pressure and potentially decrease the risk of blood clots forming in your arteries.
- It is effective in replenishing fluids and electrolytes after exercise. It is comparable to other sports beverages.