Buko Juice Recipe
Buko Juice is another refreshing drink popular in the Philippines. In fact, you can see it sold almost everywhere from hawker stalls to posh restaurants. It is a simple mixture of young coconut water, young coconut meat and milk. It’s very refreshing and very healthy.
- juice from 3 fresh young coconuts
- coconut meat from 3 fresh young coconuts
- 3 tbsp condensed milk
- ice cubes
1. Open coconuts on top by boring a small hole to extract the liquid, place coconut water in a large pitcher.
2. Add condensed milk into the pitcher then mix until totally dissolved.
3. Open the coconuts in half. Then using a fork, score the young coconut meat before removing it with a spoon (this will easily make it into strips). After which, place the coconut meat in the coconut water mixture.
4. Place some ice cubes and then serve.
Coconut water is a very refreshing and healthy drink. It contains a lot of electrolytes, and minerals to replenish hydration levels in the body. That’s why it can be used as an energy drink, liquid replacement for people suffering diarrhea and even as an intravenous fluid.
So if you want some refreshing drink during summer I guess nothing will beat this. It will definitely quench your thirst compared to the unhealthy commercially available fizzy drinks.