Health Benefits of Cocoa
Several studies have shown that cocoa has great health benefits. Although most well-known for its role in chocolate production, modern research has unveiled that it does indeed contain vital compounds that is good for the health, as listed below:
1. Cocoa is abundant in polyphenols, which have remarkable health benefits including decreased inflammation and improved cholesterol levels.
2. Cocoa is rich in flavanols, which could reduce blood pressure.
Flavanols also support neuron production, brain function and improve blood flow and supply to brain tissue. They also have a role in preventing age-related brain degeneration, such as in Alzheimer’s disease, but more research is needed.
Flavanols in cocoa also have promising anti-cancer properties in test-tube and animal studies, but data from human trials is lacking.
3. Cocoa can improve blood flow and lessen cholesterol. Eating up to one serving of chocolate per day minimizes the risk of heart attack, heart failure and stroke and have protective benefits to the heart.
4. Cocoa may decrease stress levels. It can improve calmness, contentment and overall psychological well-being.
5. Cocoa may reduce your risk of diabetes and maintain healthy blood sugar levels.
6. Cocoa products are associated with a lower weight. Addition of cocoa to daily diet may help achieve faster weight loss.
7. Cocoa extract has demonstrated some anti-asthmatic properties in animal studies.
8. Cocoa can promote healthy teeth by fighting bacteria that cause cavities, though this does not apply to sugar-containing products.
It also promotes healthy skin by protecting it from sunlight and improving circulation of the skin surface and hydration.
It may be easy to include cocoa in our diet, but the exact amount of cocoa to be included to achieve health benefits is not clear. Overall, it’s important to select cocoa sources that have a high flavanol content. The less processed, the better.
So if anyone is looking for raw cocoa with no added artificial preservatives, Lojjetta’s Pure Tablea would be the best choice.